- We offer 2 classes. One is a 4-unit childbirth preparation class, and the other is offered à la carte.
- The childbirth preparation class includes Units 1 through 4. It is designed to engage you in all different forms of learning. We present information in traditional ways and through the use of hands-on exercises, birth art, role playing, group discussion, and more. Learn what evidence-based maternity practices look like. In each unit, we learn about the Lamaze 6 Healthy Birth Practices, comfort measures, coping skills, positions that facilitate progress in labor, and being an active decision-maker in your birth.
- The individually offered class is Life as a New Mom with a New Baby (includes postpartum issues for mom and newborn care).
- All classes meet on Monday evenings at the Harris Center in Auburn, Alabama, or can be scheduled as a private class in your home.
- Classes are taught by Laura Weldon, a certified birth doula (New Leaf Birth) and trained childbirth educator.
Instructors are practicing labor doulas, and there is a slight chance your instructor will be called to a labor when she is scheduled to teach. If this happens, you will be notified immediately via phone, text, and email, and a make-up class will be scheduled on Thursday evening WITHIN THE SAME WEEK as the class that is postponed. If you are unable to attend the make-up class, the following will occur:
- For the 4-Unit Childbirth Class, a $38 refund will be issued to you.
- For an A La Carte class, a $50 refund will be issued to you.
By adding any of these classes to your cart and checking out, you agree to these terms.